Great people make great properties.
Under the direction of the AVP, Specialty Leasing, the Specialty Leasing Manager is responsible for delivering the Specialty Leasing budget in their assigned center(s) through the negotiation and execution of short-term cart, kiosk, and short-term store leases. This position requires a strong understanding of sales, demographics, retail trends, and merchandising in order to identify and negotiate leases that are sustainable and compliment the long-term leasing strategy. In all efforts, the Specialty Leasing Manager will embrace and demonstrate Macerich Core Values and partner with the property team to increase the bottom line profitability of the shopping center.
Essential Job Functions:
• Works with the AVP, Specialty Leasing in developing sales, merchandising, and rate strategies for assigned center(s).
• Negotiates and executes Specialty Leasing agreements to deliver annual budgets and supports overall asset strategy.
• Remains current on local retail trends and identifies and secures new and appropriate retail concepts as part of merchandising strategy; business development outreach includes cold-calling, internet research, and active social media engagement.
• Monitors temporary agreement expirations to mitigate risk and drive revenue.
• Works with senior management on providing annual budgetary information.
• Develops annual budgets with guidance from AVPs.
• Prepares monthly specialty and kiosks forecasts.
• Develops a thorough understanding of local market and center demographics to conduct center tours.
• Attends leasing and asset meetings as required.
• Communicates internally with the leasing and management teams on the status of leasing activity.
• Is responsible for overall Specialty Leasing program by way of deal execution, proper display, placement, and retailer relations.
• Assists the center team in administration of program when required (insurance submission, document execution, operational standards, etc.).
• Maintains monthly forecasts.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years in retail sales, shopping center leasing, or specialty leasing experience.
• Comprehensive understanding of basic accounting principles and financial reporting.
• Knowledge of retail and food industry trends.
• Effective sales and communication skills that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
• Flexibility in work schedule, as needed.
• Basic computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint.
• All applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, including corresponding core job requirements, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities (and others in accordance with applicable law) to perform the essential functions of the job, consistent with applicable laws and Company policy.