Great people make great properties.
The Operations (Facilities) Manager is responsible for the cost effective operation, care, preventative maintenance, and long-term preservation of center’s physical assets. The Operations (Facilities) Manager enhances the value of the property by coordinating and directing all assigned direct reports or vendor based resources to provide a pleasant, attractive and safe environment for customers and retailers. The Operations (Facilities) Manager communicates and coordinates with all other departments, retailers, corporate partners and governmental agencies, as necessary, in order to achieve results. The Operations (Facilities) Manager partners with the Senior Manager, Property Management in the development and implementation of all strategic initiatives and any other mall related programs, as required.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supervise, per agreements, all in-house and/or outsourced service providers in the routine performance of the Landlord’s housekeeping and maintenance work.
• Implement and administer all preventative maintenance programs through 24/7 platform, including all required log and records with service providers.
• Oversee all physical assets to ensure that they are maintained to required standards in the most economically efficient manner.
• Conduct required, regular inspections of all common area facilities/systems and report results to Senior Manager, Property Management. Review building operations and procedures and provide advise/guidance/recommendations on mechanical and construction related issues to ensure corporate programs are bring followed.
• Ensure all contracted service providers are meeting all contract provisions and Landlord standards.
• Inspect and communicate property policies and procedures to tenant to ensure compliance of general aesthetics, standards of the common area, merchant storefronts, mall related physical issues and any special operational problems or activities. Respond to tenant inquiries, complaints and/or suggestions.
Sustainability & Energy Control
• Supervise the field implementation of the Macerich Sustainability and Strategic Energy Plan: to track and conserve energy use, protect the environment, lower utility costs, monitor and report on policies and practices, and promote social responsibility.
• Manage all energy management systems to ensure daily optimal operational efficiency. This includes ensuring that all EMS programs and systems are operating as designed, the proper operation and maintenance of the physical assets of the system, vendor software maintenance and upgrades, and the correct scheduling of lights, HVAC, and all other appropriate applications
• Assist the Property Manager with the development/creation of the annual operations expense forecast and related financial goals.
• Review and approve all financial and expense documentation, as directed by company policy.
• Manage the administration of approved budgets with a proactive approach to identify opportunities for improved performance and cost savings within center’s operations. Focus on minimizing expenses by efficient use of work force and materials; endure compliance to corporate procurement programs where applicable.
Capital (CapEx) & Common Area Maintenance (CAM) Projects
• Assist the Senior Operations (Facilities) Manager and Property Manager in the development of the owner and capital expense forecasts; help identify and update capital planning needs for the property.
• Maintain documentation and copies of all CapEx, construction and other project bids processes, as directed by company policy, as required by Unifier platform.
• Coordinate all capital and owner related construction issues/projects, coordinating with Regional Senior Operations (Facilities) Manager and the Property Manager.
• Assist with the negotiation, approval, and monitoring of all executed contracts.
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Programs
• Be fully responsible for the implementation and compliance of the EHS and safety program to include administration, management, and tacking all aspects of the program. Communicate with tenants regarding hazardous waste, asbestos, and emergency procedures, Review (with documentation) all environmental policies with mall employees as required by corporate programs, to include MSDS, hazardous waste, chemical inventory and emergency response.
• Serve as the primary role of the mall safety coordinator. Provide leadership for the company’s safety programs and policies, enforce all employee safety regulations, and conduct safety meetings with written minutes.
• Supervise all tenant and landlord construction projects. Serve as the primary liaison, coordinate relationships between mall team, merchants, contractors, architects, inspector and local agencies and officials. Seek ways to enhance the value of the center.
• Maintain basic knowledge of local building codes, permit processes and current environmental issues, as related to the center.
• Maintain working knowledge of blue line drawings and required processes, to include Oracle and Autodesk Design Review.
• Conduct pre-construction and subsequent follow-up meetings with tenant contractors to regulate compliance with Rules & Regulations, specific lease requirements and timely completion of construction, as stipulated by Tenant Coordination.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Must demonstrate proficiency in utilizing all the Company provided tools such as: Computer, Portal use and knowledge, Oracle Systems, Yardi, etc.
• Must demonstrate/utilize professional performance in personnel management and motivation.
• Must demonstrate/utilize professional skill level in communications, both written and oral.
• Must process a thorough knowledge of property operations, construction and development related areas.
• Be a self-starter and require little motivation and supervision.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Ability to climb vertical ladders in excess of 20 feet.
• Must be able to read basic blueprints.
• All applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, including corresponding core job requirements, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities (and others in accordance with applicable law) to perform the essential functions of the job, consistent with applicable laws and Company policy.