Administrative Assistant for Legal Real Estate, Anchors and Development, which handles legal work related new development and redevelopment projects, including anchor/department store leases and REAs, big box leases and peripheral land/pad sale transactions. This position will provide administrative support to 2 Real Estate Counsels (VP and Senior Manager) and support administrative operations of Legal, Anchors and Development, as needed. This position will play an important role in organizing and maintaining active projects, electronic databases and hard copy files for Legal, Anchors and Development.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides administrative support to two RE attorneys under supervision of VP, Real Estate Counsel.
• Aids in the management of calendars: Plans, negotiates, and schedules meetings for two RE attorneys to accommodate all parties.
• Effectively communicates and interacts with employees at all levels.
• Prepares simple drafts and revisions of legal documents with attorney direction.
• Performs conversions between PDF and Word Documents.
• Prepares redlines reflecting attorney comments.
• Assists in locating and printing legal documents and creating binders if required.
• Prepares expense reports.
• Prepares and sends correspondence and mailings.
• Handles processing of document execution and archiving of fully-executed documents.
• Proofs documents for grammatical and typographical errors.
• Ensures proper indexing and hard copy filing of original legal documents.
• Aids in office management.
• Maintains electronic databases of title and survey documents, memoranda, anchor lease and REA documents.
• Identifies and sends hard copy files to storage.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 3+ years’ experience performing administrative functions in an office environment, preferably in legal or real estate.
• Proficient in Windows, Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
• Excellent PC skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong communications skills.
• Strong motivation and ability to take initiative.
• All applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, including corresponding core job requirements, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities (and others in accordance with applicable law) to perform the essential functions of the job, consistent with applicable laws and Company policy.