Great people make great properties.
The AVP, (Regional) Specialty Leasing is directly responsible for delivery of the Specialty Leasing merchandising and financial goals within their assigned region. As manager and senior dealmaker, the AVP, will provide direction, support and leadership in delivery of departmental objectives. The AVP will develop the local leasing strategy, work closely with individual Specialty Leasing Managers on delivery of goals and drive accountability through weekly leasing targets and communications. Other responsibilities include: immersive deal making as needed, monthly financial reporting and forecasting, liaison with leasing and management, garner and share retail trend knowledge within their markets, prospect with center SLMs on regular basis, foster employee development via quarterly performance updates, manage on-boarding of new hires and lead their teams in B2B and social media marketing efforts.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and execute leasing/sales strategy that delivers revenue goals within the assigned region. I.e. local GAP analysis, rate vs. occupancy, assignment of resources, inventory placement, retailer incentives, pop-up markets etc.
• Lead and direct leasing managers as dictated in sales strategy to achieve annual revenue goals.
• Assist SLMs with the evaluation of national account activity in their centers and determine ways to help grow national programs, improve strategic placement of inventory to better maximize revenue.
• Develop local market expertise, retail and industry trends. Ensure that dealmakers are actively engaged and properly maintaining B2B leasing efforts utilizing platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Yelp etc.
• Drive accountability and healthy competition through the establishment of weekly sales goals for all vacancies and communicate with team regularly (weekly/bi-weekly sales calls).
• Manage all prospecting efforts as part of sales management process to ensure strategic execution and follow-through.
• Prospect with and/or visit local centers (driving distance) at least once per month. Geographically challenged centers (requiring air travel) visited bi-monthly. Subject matter of visits based on needs of center and performance versus budget.
• Review and approve all deals in region to ensure rents are in line with sales strategy and visuals are in accordance with guidelines set forth by department.
• Ensure that local SLMs have developed the proper skillset to lease as market experts representing Macerich and their center in a confident and professional manner.
• Maintain quarterly performance conversations to ensure proper performance. Proactively address performance issues with HR and manage accordingly. Thorough performance reviews established to support a highly productive team organization.
• Train new hires in region on all aspects of job as described in the SLM job description.
• In the absence of a Specialty Leasing Manager, assume center deal-making responsibilities as determined by department VP dictated by geography and budget performance.
• Review expense budgets/reports and make sure they are in compliance with budget set forth by department.
• Manage and review all monthly financial reporting (budgets, projections) to ensure accuracy. Identify risk to budgets in advance and execute plans to mitigate.
• Develop annual income and expense budgets.
• Liaison with property management and leasing at the center and regional level.
• Represent Specialty Leasing and interact with senior executives in region as necessary.
• Travel as needed to attend meetings, conferences etc.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years of related sales management, leadership and people development experience
• 2 – 5 years sales experience, preferably shopping center leasing, specialty leasing, sponsorship sales and/or retail sales.
• Bachelor’s Degree level education.
• Computer Skills include excel, Power Point, adobe acrobat.
• Thorough knowledge and application of social media preferred.
• Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen collaborative relationships inside and outside of the organization.
• Demonstrate the ability and the desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
• Clearly express self in conversations and interactions with others and in business writing to effectively reach the audience.
•All applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, including corresponding core job requirements, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities (and others in accordance with applicable law) to perform the essential functions of the job, consistent with applicable laws and Company policy.